LT Girls Lacrosse Making Noise

Hallie Ungerson, Reporter

It looks like practice has paid off for the Lake Travis Girls Lacrosse Team with wins in every game they have played this fall season.

On October 18 the team played in a tournament held here at the high school.  The girls swept the 7 vs 7 tournament, beating all three teams they competed against.   

Their first game was against Vandergrift, with LT winning 12-5. Tessa Davis scored the most in this game with seven shots on the goal and three points scored.

The second game was another success for the team, winning 15-8 against Cedar Park. In this game, Lauren Paulson had the most points scored, three, with four shots on the goal.

In their third and final game against Dripping Springs, the girls pulled through once again, winning the game 16-5. The most points scored in this game were by Olivia Riden, who had seven shots on the goal and made five of them.

This past weekend on November 1, the girls had a tough game against rival Westlake but still won 4-3.

“I never expected our fall season to be this successful,” said head coach Donald Avena. “It is a direct result of the hard work and discipline the girls have put in on and off the field. I could not be more proud of how the girls’ confidence has grown.”

This weekend, November 7 and 8, the girls will play their final four games of the fall season at the Texas Best Tournament in Manor.

“I am extremely excited to get back to work this spring when we play our full schedule of games,” said Coach Don.