Lake Travis Track Running to State

Avery Liardon, Reporter

From Hays and Leander to Round Rock and Dripping Springs, the Lake Travis High School Cavalier track and field team has built up quite a reputation for success.

Recently, the team traveled to Burger Stadium where they competed in the district 5A track meet. At Burger, the students competed at an outstanding level.

This level of hard work and dedication landed the team a spot to compete at the upcoming Leander which will take place at Leander High School on Thursday, March 24.

Track is a very diverse sport and allows students and athletes from different types of sports to come together in compete in one of the simplest of ways: running.

The Lake Travis High School track team has been very successful in previous years, and has been lucky enough to continue the luck into the 2015-2016 season.

Several new records have been set this season. LT Varsity 4×200 team consisting of Habron Botts (12), Austin Hiller (11), Haston Holt (12), and Drew Fry (12), with a time of 1.20.02. Long distance runner, Connor Butterfield also broke a school record in the 1600 with a time of 4:22.94 at the Chaps Relays.

The Lake Travis High School track and field team offers a number of different events for a variety of athletes. These athletes are trained by our incredible coaching staff we are fortunate to have here at our school. Head coach, Martin, is accompanied by Coach Canfield, Wiley, Naquin, Spano, Ochoa, Hasumann, and Bourne.

“It has been interesting to see everyone improve over the years, and to see new members join the team. I am excited to see how we will do in area…fingers crossed.” Lake Travis athlete, Brady Grant, said.

We look forward to see the success the students will achieve at the Leander meet and upcoming district meet, only improving the successful year we have had with our track and field athletes.